Monday 21 April 2014

I know, it's been a while....

Like the title says, it's been while.

How you been? Good? I hope so!!

I have been busier than, than....than a thing that is so busy it barely slows down to think!

Also, its been really sunny and nice the past couple of days where I am, (I know right? Scotland hot!), and heat does tend to make one lazy.

However during my absence, a few things happened that I feel I should talk about. But I'm going to start with this!

Batman Eternal issue 1


Although I am a bit of a geek, or so I'm told, because of where I was brought up, there was no comic book stores. I was unable to embrace the comic lifestyle as I wanted to. 

The first way I got into the characters because of the early 90's cartoon shows, yunno Batman TAS, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Superman TAS and so on. 

I did buy a few graphic novels over the years but anyway....getting off topic, I do enjoy a rant.

I took a trip to the new(-ish) comic book store that's closest to me, (I say ish because it's been open a year now) and grabbed both issue 1 AND 2, because I hadn't realised it was going to be a weekly!

I opened the book to one of the most striking first panels I'd ever laid eyes on...



Gotham is in flames, and it's saviour bound, bloodied and very broken. The dialogue that surrounds him is more mental anguish, to defeat and undermine him further. 

The fact they have shown what is eluded to be "The End", its a plot device I really enjoy in movies, so I'm extremely excited to see how it works in an illustrated format.....illustrated format? who the f%&k talks like that? I'm extremely excited to see how it works in a comic!

We are then introduced to Detective Jason Bard, his first appearance in the New 52 continuity. The way I read it personally, I thought he would be the one who's perspective the comic would be viewed in.

Anyway thats a brief introduction to Eternal, I will however do a proper review once it reaches issue 5, so look out for that.

Are you excited about the Batman Eternal series? What are your theories? Or even just ask me a question if you want! 

Oh and I put up a new show on my mixcloud! So go give that a look What The Kieran Mixcloud

Or if you have no idea what I'm going on about just say What the Kieran, maybe the next one will make sense xD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment