Tuesday 25 March 2014

SMod God

Kevin Smith

This is my new inspiration. Mr Kevin Smith, writer, director, actor, producer, podcaster, general media polymath.

I really don't understand how it has taken so long in my life to discover this genius. Now don't get me wrong, I had heard of some of his work, and I'm pretty sure I had seen Dogma at some point, but other than that I had never really taken note of his work.

However it was thanks to one of the guys in my class that I first heard a SModcast.

SModcast was started in 2007 just after Kev wrapped up Clerks 2. It was suggested to him and his producer and long time friend Scott Mosier that they should start a blog or do a podcast to help with the marketing of the movie. It has since spawned loads of other "SModcasts" on their station, with their friends taking to the mic to embrace the podcaster lifestyle.

Listening to these podcasts has made me realise that, sure maybe I want to be a proper radio presenter for my normal job, I mean thats why I'm studying radio. But I have nights, and a hand held recorder, I just need an angle for my podcasts, something that will allow me to be able to do them alone, because thats what I have been struggling with just now. I think sometime I sound as if I'm just rambling on so I prefer to have a "co-host" of sorts, someone to discuss with, bounce off of.

But anyway, thanks to big Kev I know I'm going to do it, and yunno what? See even if I fail, I'll just sit back and say What the Kieran, the next show will be better.




No comments:

Post a Comment